Staff and leadership of the Greater Lehigh Valley REALTORS® on July 14, 2022, unveiled what is now The George E. Raad Professional Learning Center at the Greater Lehigh Valley Real Estate Academy.
Photos from the room dedication can be viewed on the association’s Facebook page.
George Raad, who we unexpectedly and devastatingly lost earlier this year, was the ultimate professional who cared deeply for education. After his passing, it was a unanimous decision to honor him in a way that reflected education, professionalism, and mentorship – three things that truly defined George and his real estate career.
With new signage and a plaque to permanently honor George, 2022 President Howard Schaeffer stood among George’s family, friends, and colleagues, and said to the Academy’s instructors, “To our educators who are here today and who will work weekly – sometimes daily – in this room: Your task is so very special. I challenge you to tell the future of our industry about him. Tell the future of our industry what they should aspire to be.”
To our new members and/or to anyone who did not have the pleasure of knowing George:
George was the broker of his family owned and operated business, Harvey Z. Raad REALTORS®. His sons, Chris and Greg, worked next to him as third generation REALTORS®.
George displayed tireless and exemplary leadership in the industry. Most importantly, though, George passed on his knowledge of the industry to as many members of the association as he could. He not only wanted to further the effectiveness and influence of the association, but he wanted every member to succeed in their business and in their professionalism. Whether it was office visits or speaking at association meetings, George always made himself available to discuss the value and benefits of being a REALTOR® and a member of the association.
Local Association Service:
- Association President (2005)
- Member, GLVR Board of Directors (1999-2006; 2008-2010)
- Member, GLVR Finance Committee (2003-2006)
- Government Affairs Committee (1998-99; 2006-14; 2013-14; 2017-19); Chair in 2006-07
- Member, GLVR-PAC Committee (2006-2013)
- Member, GLVR MLS Committee (2005-06)
- Under his initiative and leadership as President in 2005, a GAD was hired by the Association. He had the foresight and understood the need for GLVR to be actively involved in government affairs.
- Spearheaded creation of quarterly broker meetings in 2005, a concept that continues today.
- New Member Orientation speaker and curriculum advisor.
State Association Service:
- PAR Board of Directors (2002-2014; 2018-2022 alternate)
- 2007 Recipient of the PAR REALTOR® Active in Politics Award
- PAR District 1 RPAC Trustee (2007-2012)
- Member of the following PAR Committees:
- Legislative Committee (2006 – 2019)
- Specialized Practice Issues Subcommittee (2011-14)
- Chairman, Land Use & Local Issues Subcommittee (2006)
- Commercial, Industrial & Investment Committee (2006-2007; 2009-Present)
- Large Association/Board Forum Moderator (2006)
- PAR RPAC Hall of Fame inductee (2007)
- Proud father of the PAR President (2021)
National Association Service:
- Federal Political Coordinator for Congressman Charlie Dent (2009-2018)
- Hosted fundraisers for Congressman Dent at his home.
- NAR Director (2006-2007; 2009-2010)
- Commercial Legislation & Regulatory Subcommittee (2007-08; 2011)
- REALTOR® Emeritus; 40 years in the industry (2013)
- NAR RPAC Hall of Fame
More about the Greater Lehigh Valley Real Estate Academy
The Greater Lehigh Valley Real Estate Academy (GLVREA) serves as the primary source for real estate education in the Greater Lehigh Valley area, which includes the Poconos and the counties of Lehigh, Carbon and Northampton.
GLVREA increases awareness of the real estate industry and related topics by providing in-person and online education through pre-licensing, broker licensing, designation and certification programs, mandatory continuing education, professional development workshops, and community information seminars. The Academy also offers on-site broker training programs for both newly licensed and seasoned agents.
From 2017 to 2022, there have been 691 pre-licensing students through the Academy’s doors. There were 83 classes offered just between January 1 and May 31, 2022, with more than 1,500 distinct enrollments. And, coming soon, will be NMLS-approved online pre-licensure education and continuing education for the Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO). This cutting-edge mortgage education through the Academy’s partnership with The CE Shop includes Exam Prep Edge, a revolutionary study tool designed to prepare students for the SAFE MLO Test; a 100% online platform for completing licensing requirements anywhere, anytime; and more.
Learn more about the Academy’s offerings at www.GLVREAcademy.com or call 610-694-0727.