The Greater Lehigh Valley REALTORS® Diversity and Community Involvement Committee is collecting items for The Family Connection of Easton.
Family Connection is the non-profit family center for the Easton Area School District. Founded in 1998 on the south side of Easton through the Department of Public Welfare’s Family Service System Reform (FSSR) initiative, Family Connection services are open to all Easton families and are offered at no cost. Over 1,500 children and their families are served annually through referrals and program services including:
- Family support and case management to over 500 families;
- After-school academic support for 150 students;
- Over 750 bags of food to students in need;
- 1800 educational home visits for preschool aged children and their families who received hundreds of books, educational toys and activities;
- 600 backpacks with readiness activities distributed at kindergarten registration;
- And so much more!
The Diversity and Community Involvement Committee is accepting Visa cash cards and/or gift cards to local grocery stores. The plan is to then have GLVR staff and committee members go shopping to provide much-needed food donations to families and children in need.
Members can drop off their card donations at the association office (10 S. Commerce Way, Bethlehem), especially if they are attending a class, committee meeting, or other event at the office. If individual brokerages would like to collect for the drive, GLVR staff and committee members will be happy to stop by any office to pick up donations.
Should you have any questions about the donation drive, please contact Matthew Marks, GLVR’s Government Affairs Director and liaison to the Diversity and Community Involvement Committee, at Matthew@GLVR.org.
Donations will be collected into the New Year.