August 30, 2021
REALTOR® Group Gives $2,500 to Help Support Palmerton Community Festival
Leadership with the Greater Lehigh Valley REALTORS® (GLVR) on Saturday, August 28, 2021, presented a $2,500 check to the volunteers behind the Palmerton Community Festival.
GLVR is celebrating its centennial in 2021. To honor that milestone birthday, the association's Board of Directors created a grant program to support non-profit organizations in Lehigh, Northampton and Carbon counties that were hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The funds donated to the Palmerton Community Festival will be utilized for sanitizing stations and to help offset the costs of things like advertising and entertainment. In addition, the funds will generally help the festival to safely happen in 2021. The festival acts as a major fundraising source for many non-profit organizations that serve a variety of unique foods (something well known, truly unique, and a major draw of the festival).
Want to attend the Palmerton Community Festival? Get the full details on this year's event, which is scheduled for September 10, 11 and 12, on their website
Share the 100th anniversary grant application (or apply):
- Organizations applying must be a non-profit and be located within the counties of Lehigh, Northampton or Carbon.
- Each organization must highlight the community impact of their project and the financial investment into the program that they are requesting funding.
- Grant applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis up until the application deadline of November 30, 2021.
- If a grant is awarded to an organization, the proceeds of that grant cannot be distributed to or be used to benefit any organization or individual supporting or engaged in violations of private property rights or used for any other unlawful purpose.
- The grant application is AVAILABLE HERE for viewing, downloading and printing.