October 19, 2018
GLVR Members Choose The Association's 2019 Board of Directors
The Greater Lehigh Valley REALTORS® is happy to announce who has been elected to serve on the Board of Directors beginning in 2019. The newly elected Board members are:
- Lyn Hufton, BHHS Fox & Roach, Macungie
- Howard Schaeffer, RE/MAX Real Estate
- Robert Ritter, Weichert Realtors, Allentown
- Cass Chies, RE/MAX Diamond 1st
- Mark Lutz, RE/MAX Unlimited
- Tarrant Booker, Century 21 Keim
Returning Board members include:
- Donna Bartholomew-Sacco
- Carl Billera
- Thomas Cramer
- Barbara Gorman
- Jack Gross
- Chuck Haley
- Sean LaSalle
- Glen Paisley
- Michael Walters
After being selected by their peers and being recognized as highly respected leaders in the real estate profession, these Board members now carry a broad range of responsibilities, including:
- Directors are responsible for governing, developing policies and setting a course for the future of the Association.
- Directors should be strategic thinkers and maintain focus on the “big picture” of advancing the Association’s mission, vision, and strategic initiatives.
- Directors are fiduciary agents for the Association’s operations and finances.
- Directors are expected to serve as liaisons to the general membership. They have a responsibility to become involved, attend events, and recruit and encourage others to attend Association activities.
- Directors are expected to engage, participate and contribute to discussions and debates.
We congratulate the 2019 Board of Directors and look forward to seeing how they help set the direction of the Greater Lehigh Valley REALTORS® and develop policies and programs to benefit REALTORS® and the industry!
EMERITUS RECIPIENTS RECOGNIZED
Five new Emeritus recipients were recognized at the General Membership Meeting. An Emeritus is any person who has held membership in the National Association as a REALTOR®, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®, or a combination of both, for a cumulative period of 40 years in one or more Associations of REALTORS®.
to watch a video that recognizes the careers and accomplishments of Gail Magnant of Keller Williams Real Estate, Ken Snyder of Real Living Spectrum Real Estate, Frank Posocco of RE/MAX Real Estate, Martha Segel of Keller Williams Real Estate, and Robert Mertz of BHHS Choice Properties.
GLVR recognized a total of 17 new Emeritus recipients in 2018. This latest group brings GLVR's total of Emeritus recipients to 99!
WINNERS! FREE MLS FEES AND RPAC SWEEPSTAKES
To thank our members for participating in the Board of Directors election, the Association gave away -- to one lucky winner -- free MLS access for one year. The winner is Gail Christman of Gene Durigan Real Estate in Lehighton. Thank you, Gail, for making your voice heard by voting in the election!
The winners of the RPAC sweepstakes are: Tammy Nicotera ($100 gift card to Best Buy), Jessica Ortiz ($100 gift card to Amazon), and Jeanette Perruso ($100 Visa Cash card).